New London County Retired Teachers Association
Guidance Department Chairperson and Scholarship Applicants: This scholarship is for those students interested in pursuing an education in the teaching profession.
The criteria needed are as follows:
1. All New London County residents who are 2023 graduates of public and private secondary schools in New London County are eligible to apply, but they must be committed to pursuing a TEACHING CAREER.
2. Personal and educational qualifications will be evaluated as follows:
a. Academic record...transcript of grades from Grade 9 through the first semester of Grade 12; SAT scores; class rank, if utilized.
b. Character and Personality…as revealed in two letters of recommendation. c. Interests and Educational Activities…as expressed in applicant’s essay.
3. Financial Need: To be determined by the Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
4. Scholarships to be awarded:
· New London County Association of Retired Teachers Scholarship of $1,000 for one year;
· The Leona Comstock/New London County Association of Retired Teachers Scholarship of
$1,000 for one year;
5. Submission: Students MUST use the 2023 online application. (Each year there are changes to the application form; therefore, application forms from previous years will not be accepted.) Open the application, complete all parts of the application, save it to a new folder; name the folder your last name, first initial. Gather the other attachments, save those to the folder which is titled your last name. The folder should be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 21, 2023.
6. Recipients: To be notified by telephone and a confirming email by May 31, 2023.
Click here for the application.