New London County Retired Teachers Association
Guidance Department Chairperson and Scholarship Applicants:
This scholarship is for those students interested in pursuing an education in the teaching profession.
The criteria needed are as follows:
1. All New London County residents who are 2020 graduates of public and private secondary schools in New London County are eligible to apply, but they must be committed to pursuing a TEACHING CAREER.
2. Personal and educational qualifications will be evaluated as follows:
a. Academic record...transcript of grades from Grade 9 through the first semester of Grade 12; SAT scores; class rank, if utilized.
b. Character and Personality…as revealed in two letters of recommendation.
c. Interests and Educational Activities…as expressed in applicant’s essay.
3. Financial Need: To be determined by the Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
4. Scholarships to be awarded:
- New London County Association of Retired Teachers Scholarship of $1,000 for one year;
- The Leona Comstock/New London County Association of Retired Teachers Scholarship of $1,000 for one year;
- A $500 award to a student whose parents are educators.
5. Submission: All portions of the application form must be returned in one package, must be submitted in the order specified on page 1 of the application form and must be postmarked no later than April 13, 2020. The application is to be mailed to the Scholarship chairperson listed at the bottom of this page.
6. Recipients: To be notified by telephone and a confirming letter by May 31, 2020.
Click here for the application